Updated May 25, 2020 – A new kitten! Is there anything more wonderful than that little bundle of wriggling, energetic fluff? If you have a new kitten, or know someone who does – we have compiled 10 of the most wonderful and useful gifts you can get for the new arrival, and their owners!
- Cat beds are a great choice for kittens. This gets the little newcomers used to sleeping in a specific location of your choice. Don’t expect them to sleep only in that location of course, as cats can sleep absolutely anywhere! But, a kitten knowing that a bed belongs entirely to them makes them feel comfortable in their new home.
Aspen Pet 80135 Self Warming Cat Bed, 19-Inch, Warm Spice with Creme
Current price $28.71
2. Cat toys – Kittens are balls of uncontrollable energy! We cat lovers love nothing more than to watch them have fun with anything new they encounter – I have a fond memory of my kitty boy, M, having great fun hiding in one of my hats and thinking he had discovered something amazing. Cat toys as simple as balls with bells (a great favourite of one of my older kitties), or a wand toy with a stuffed mouse with feathers on the end can provide hours of fun.
17 Packs Cat Interactive Toys Set – 2 Way Tunnel,Bell Crinkle Balls,Sisal Mouse, Catnip Toy, Feather Teaser Wand
Current price $25.82
3. Cat trees are a wonderful gift. These indoor jungle gyms for cats can have a scratching post built right in! This helps to train the little kittens right away to scratch there and hopfully not on the furniture! Cat trees are a place that cats can climb – they love to climb high and stay perched up there with a good vantage point. Cat beds (or super cute little cat hammocks) can also be built right in.
AmazonBasics Large Cat Condo Tree Tower with Scratching Post – 18 x 18 x 46 Inches, Beige
Current price $75.99
4. Scratching post – Having more than one scratching post is a very good idea for households that have more than one cat. Scratching isn’t something cats do to be destructive – they are designed to stretch out and scratch to sharpen their claws, to mark their territory and also as a stress reliever. Ensure that the scratching post you choose is stable, and tall enough so that your cat can really stretch out and have a good old scratch!
AmazonBasics Large Premium Tall Cat Scratching Post – 16 x 35 x 16 Inches, Brown Carpet
Current price $59.38
5. Cute cat dishes – Cats need a dish for their food (or two dishes at least, if they eat both wet and dry cat food), and one for fresh drinking water. There are so many adorable options – a set of cute cat dishes makes an amazing gift for a new kitten owner!
DII Bone Dry Ceramic Small Round Pet Bowl For Food & Water, 4.25″ Dia x 2″ H Set of 2, With Non-Skid Silicone Rim for Dogs and Cats-White Marble
Current price $18.60 for set of 2
6. Cat treat canister – A sweet little spot to store cat treats, a customized cat treat cannister is likely something the new cat owner hasn’t gotten yet.
Now Designs 5088001aa Cat Treat Tin Cats Meow, Blue
Current price $20.30
7. Window mounted cat perch – This is one of those inventions that cats around the world are thankful for! The new little kitten will love to snooze in the sun on one of these window-mounted cat beds or perches. Indoor cats especially love to absorb the warm sun streaming in the windows – they will love this special little spot all their own to relax and sleep.
Cat Hammock Window Bed Perch Seat Sunny for Lager Cats Perches Furniture Kitty Window Sill Seat Window Mounted Animal Pet Kitten Cot Beds Upgraded Version 4 Big Suction Cups Holds Up 30lb
Current price $26.99
8. World’s Best Cat Mom t-shirt – Well, this is not a shirt for the cats! (I think only super laidback cats would actually allow you to tuck them into a t-shirt!) But, you can choose (or customize) a t-shirt for the proud new cat owner – this World’s Best Cat Mom shirt is super cute. Wear it with pride, cat Mama!
World’s Best Cat Mom – Gift for Kitty Lover 3/4 Women Sleeve Baseball T-Shirt Medium Black/Gray
Current price $29.95
9. Litter box or litter box mat – Okay, admittedly a litter box or mat is not a super glamorous option. But, the kitten really needs a bathroom! Make sure the litter box is one that suits the needs of the cat. There are a variety of litter box mats that are both cute and functional – and it makes litter box cleaning a lot easier.
IRIS Open Top Cat Litter Box Kit with Shield and Scoop, Blue
Current price $28.95
10. Cat carrier – This is a necessity, since your cat needs to be safely contained when they’re taken to visit the veterinarian, or during any travels. I’ve discovered (the hard way!) that stubborn kitties are easier to place in a cat carrier if it opens from the top as well as from the front. It’s much easier to tuck your cat inside from the top opening. Don’t scrimp on this purchase, as you want the carrier to be sturdy and well made in order to keep the precious pet secure and safe.
AmazonBasics 19-Inch Two-Door Top-Load Pet Kennel
Current price $35.31
I hope these ideas have inspired you to find just the right gift for the new kitten in the family. Enjoy the new arrival of that adorable little bundle of fur! There is no doubt that they will add a lot of joy and laughter to your life.