Hello everyone! So, you have a cool and quirky cat as a pet do you? And you need to come up with a name that matches that new cat or kitten? Okay, we’re on it! We’re creating a huge master list of funny cat names that should give you some inspiration in the naming of your new family member. Oh, let’s go ahead and be honest: that cat is now the King or Queen of your domain. Let’s name them!
Right, we also did a 50 Memorable and Cute Cat Names post. Hopefully I haven’t done any repeats, or you’ll be terribly disappointed in me! And we’ll be popping back and updating this post as we come up with and/or find new names that make us laugh. So, check back! And share it with your cat loving friends please.
- Chonk – If your precious feline just happens to be a bit pudgy. No shame, no shame.
- Fleur – Awww, pretty name for a pretty cat. So sweet.
- Francisco – Love it! As in San Francisco, so if you’re a huge fan of the city then this is the name for your feline buddy. Shorten to Frankie or Francie, good for any cat.
- Garbanzo Bean – COME ON! You can shorten this in many different ways, but Beanie is pretty cute. And Garbanzo sounds strangely regal, if you ask me. Which you didn’t…
- Indiana – Yeah, as in Jones, or the state. Indy as a cat name is just amazing! I would seriously think of naming my next cat this.
- Kramer – Same reasoning as the ‘Newman’ name, below. Seinfeld fans will love this one! And if you happen to have a cat that is a bit skittish and or eccentric, then I seriously can’t think of a funnier name.
- Newman – My Dad was a huge Seinfeld fan, so I think he would’ve approved if we had called our current kitty this name. And it totally makes me chuckle.
- Piglet – Cute from Winnie the Pooh, right? And if your kitty really REALLY loves their food, then this one is totally appropriate.
- Shaggy – I almost wrote that as Saggy, which would not have been nearly as cool! But Shaggy, on the other hand, is a winning name for a cool and laid back feline.
- Sherlock – A great detective, AND your most awesome cat. In my mind it makes sense.
- Solo – No, I’m not a huge Star Wars fan, but I live with one. AND, maybe your cat will love watching Star Wars with you. The name sounds cool, regardless.
- Snorkle – Seriously no reason, except if your cat happens to really love the water, which is pretty rare. But it can happen! It just sounds like a super cute name, if you ask me.
- Tater OR Tayto – Potato inspired names for a cat. Because we can. And, because I happen to enjoy a serving of fries way too much.
- Tulip – Tutu for short? Sweet for a little girl kitty.
We think you’ll like these articles too, because you obviously love cats and are therefore awesome: