Updated July 2, 2020 – So, you’ve decided to get your beloved pet cat the ultimate in cat toys – a cat tree! (Also known as cat towers, cat condos or kitty condos.) If you live in the Toronto (GTA) area of Canada, then you have lots of options both locally and online to find the perfect cat tree for your pet.
Why buy a cat tree?
First, though, you may wonder if it’s really important for your cat to have a cat tree. The truth is – a cat tree is an incredible way to keep your indoor cat active and healthy. Even a small cat tree with a few attached toys will keep your buddy playing and active. (This can be especially helpful for them if they are a single kitty, and/or you work out of the home.) And, keeping indoor cats active is one of the toughest things to do! Boy, do cats get lazy once they grow up out of kittenhood. Those hyper little balls of fluff can turn into chubby kitties in literally just a few months. So, exercise is important!
A cat tree is more than just an oversized cat toy. Cat trees really help cats achieve active play – by climbing up like they would on a real tree. Plus, with all the levels, cats have lots of places to climb to, and a lot of places to play on! If yours is a multiple cat household, then a larger cat tree means that all the kitties will have a little spot to call their own. Many cat trees also include hammocks or tunnels – which become beautiful little places for cats to take a morning (or afternoon, or evening, or night) snooze!
Toronto Cat Trees
Toronto, Ontario has all sorts of awesome pet stores and other retailers to find a new cat tree! Or, if you’d like to find a used cat tree for a bargain price, try online local classified sites like https://www.kijiji.ca , and simply search for ‘cat tree.’ (Other search terms that might be helpful for you are: kitty condo, cat tower, or indoor cat house.) Sometimes a cat owner has purchased a brand new cat tree, and discovered that it is too big or small for the room they’d planned to put it in. In that case, you might snag a brand new cat tree for an amazing price! Woohoo, you bargain finder, you!
Otherwise, some local Toronto (GTA) shops that carry cat trees are:
- Pet Valu
- Canadian Tire
Buy Your Cat Tree online
I don’t know about you guys, but more and more often I buy all of my cat’s supplies online! If you’d prefer to do your shopping from the comfort of your very own sofa, then here are some of the best online options we’ve found:
Amazon Basics Large Cat Condo with Cat Perch
AmazonBasics Large Cat Condo Tree Tower with Scratching Post – 18 x 18 x 46 Inches, Beige
This is one of our favourite cat trees around here! Why? Oh, there’s plenty of reasons…
* The price is great for the quality of the cat tree! Currently listed at $75.99
* The ratings and reviews are always high – people love the sturdy construction of this cat tree.
* There are tons of sisal-covered scratching posts. And we love when the cat tree includes well-made scratching posts. Your cat NEEDS to scratch, so these are very important.
* The perch on top is an ideal spot for your favourite feline to curl up and fall asleep OR just hang out and watch the people and cats in their world go by.
$75.99 with FREE Shipping
Feandrea 63.8 inches Multi Level Cat Tree with Hammocks
FEANDREA 63.8 Inches Multi-Level Cat Tree for Large Cats with Feeder Bowl, Smoky Gray UPCT99G
Wow! Now here’s a piece of cat furniture that will wake up your cat and make them take notice! Look at these amazing features:
* A very tall 63.8 inches in height – or about 5 feet 4 inches in height. Not too tall or too short!
* Tons of fun places to climb and play on
* A feeding bowl at the very top of the tree! Awesome — that’ll encourage even lazy kitties to crawl up there to get a snack.
* FOUR different sleeping areas: a hanging basket on the side; a hammock near the bottom, an awesome kitty condo/cave AND a plush and comfortable cat perch at the very top. * 5 Star Rating! Yahoo!
$179.99 with FREE shipping
I’m always careful to choose products that are reasonably priced for the quality AND have very high ratings. Either of the above cat condos/cat caves or cat trees would make any cat pretty thrilled! I hope that you find a cat tree that is just right for your best cat friends. After all, we love them.